Downloading Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a freeware web browser created by Google. It utilized the WebKit layout engine until version 27 and with the exception of its iOS releases, from version 28 and onwards, it used the WebKit fork Blink. Google Chrome was first released as a beta version for Microsoft Windows on September 2, 2008 and then on a stable public release on December 11, 2008. As of November 2014, StatCounter stated that Google Chrome has a 52% worldwide usage share of all web browser programs, showing that it is the most popularly used web browser in the entire world. Google launches a major part of Chrome’s source code as an open-source project Chromium. It is notable that a component that is not open source is its built-in Adobe Flash Player.
In order for you to download Google Chrome, all you would need is a computer or a mobile device with an internet connection. You would also need an existing web browser program like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
The main benefit of a Google Chrome download is that it can be used to surf the Internet, access all websites, work seamlessly with other Google products like Gmail, Google Drive, Google+, and availability of Google tools and apps.
Found below are the step by step procedures and images to help you to download Google Chrome for free.
• Open a web browser program and go to the Google home page at www.google.com. For your free download Google “Google Chrome” and click on the “Chrome – Google” search result. Alternatively, you can go straight to www.google.com/chrome.
• Note that it is not guaranteed that the page will appear as it does on picture number 1.
• Once you have loaded the site, you will see the Google Chrome download page as in picture number 2. Click on the “Download now” link.
• You will then be shown this popup message in picture number 3, which is the Terms of Service for this Google Chrome free download. Tick or un-tick the boxes as appropriate to you and click on the “Accept and Install” link.
• Another pop-up screen will show up like in picture number 4, this time for you to download the set-up file for you to download Chrome. Click on the “Save File” link.
• Yet another pop-up message will show as in picture number 5. This time it will ask you to choose where to save your set-up file. Choose the folder where you want to save your Google Chrome download free file then click “Save.”
• Once you have saved the file, wait until it downloads on your device. Once it has saved on your device, double click on the ChromeSetup.exe icon to continue your Google Chrome free download for Windows 7, like in picture number 6.
• Depending on your security settings, your computer will ask if you want to run the file. Just click on the “Run” link if available.
• Make sure you are connected to the Internet, as the Google download will walk you through the installation process of Google Chrome on your computer. Once done, congratulations, you have successfully downloaded Google Chrome to your computer! Note that for a mobile device, all you need to do is search for Google Chrome in the App Store for iOS devices or download on Google Play on Android devices.
The list of platforms wherein Google Chrome is available is in Windows through its XP Service Pack 2 or later, Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later, Vista, Server 2008, 7, Server 2008 R2, 8, and Server 2012. For OS X, Google Chrome is available in its 10.6 or later, with support for 32-bit Macs ending in October 2014. It is also available in the platforms of Linux, Android 4.0 or later, and iOS 6.0 or later.